Athletic Sports Packet
Hello and welcome to the NMMI family! The Athletic Department is excited that you have chosen the Institute and offers 24 sport teams to choose from. Federal law and the Great State of New Mexico require the completion of the athletic sports packet in order for your son or daughter to participate in athletics, 2019-2020.
- The Medical Release and Power of Attorney forms – please complete and sign both forms The Power of Attorney form may be notarized on campus.
- Concussion in Sports “Heads UP” – This is a New Mexico Activity Association (NMAA) form that requires signatures of a parent and the athlete.
- New Mexico Activity Form C – This is also a NMAA page and needs to be filled out and signed by a parent/guardian.
- Physical Form – if you have submitted a physical form to NMMI before April 1, 2019, the Athletic department will need a new physical dated AFTER April 1, 2019.
- Affidavit of non-recruitment – Please read, fill out and sign.
- Consent to treat - Please read, fill out and sign.
- Concussion for Students – Please go to this website and take this concussion course online. Its FREE – just send me a copy of “certificate of completion.” https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61059/concussion-for-students
Please complete the entire packet and return it back to Randy Montoya, Associate Athletic Director as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
NMMI Associate Athletic Director
All 14 of NMMI's high school athletic programs are members of the New Mexico Activities Association and compete primarily at the AAA level. NMMI's high school teams have won state championships in Baseball (2), Golf (4), Football (2), Swimming (4), Tennis (7), and Track (4).
High School Student/Athlete Eligibility
- 2.0 GPA in previous semester
- Must younger than 19 years old prior to September 1 of the current year
- More infomation can be found on the High School Program page